About Dr. Kamran
The South's Leader in Scarless Vein Care
Kamran Goudarzi, MD, FICS, FACS is one of the nation’s leaders and pioneers in the scarless treatment and elimination of varicose and spider veins. One of the first surgeons in the United States to achieve board certification by The American Board of Phlebology, Dr. Kamran has now performed thousands of successful procedures in the field.
Kamran Goudarzi, MD, FICS, FACS, DABVLM is an experienced, highly credentialed, board-certified General Surgeon and Phlebologist who is a true pioneer in the field of phlebology and vascular surgery. He was part of the first group of physicians to receive board certification by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Disease (formerly the The American Board of Phlebology) and the first physician in the United States to incorporate Angiodynamic NeverTouch Direct laser ablation treatment in his practice. Since 2002, Dr. Kamran has performed thousands of ablations resulting in excellent patient outcomes with very low recurrence rates.
His utilization of cutting edge technology and outstanding patient outcomes allowed his practice to become one of the first 20 accredited vein treatment centers in the nation. Dr. Kamran is considered one of the foremost experts in the art of treating venous disease. He has trained numerous physicians and helped develop vein treatment facilities throughout the country, including multiple prominent centers in North Carolina.
Dr. Kamran graduated from The University of London England in 1978. He took part in two postgraduate surgical residencies in the United Kingdom and completed another five years of residency in the United States. His cumulative seven years of postgraduate medical school training included six months of internal medicine and three months of teaching anatomy to medical students.
As one of the first 170 physicians in the United States to receive board certification by the American College of Venous and Lymphatic Disease, the treatment of vascular concerns quickly became his passion. Dr. Kamran performed the first laser ablation in Wilmington North Carolina in 2002, as one of the first 25 physicians in North Carolina to adopt this exciting, new, non-invasive approach to treating vascular issues. In seeking new ways to provide better care for his patients, he evaluated the laser fiber and catheter utilized with the Angiodynamic NeverTouch Direct laser ablation and went on to introduce additional cutting edge technology in the treatment of venous disease at his practice. Some of his additional treatment specialties include Varithena, CO2 foam sclerotherapy, microphlebectomy, Clarivein, radiofrequency, and veingogh. He has also been trained in the utilization of venous seal for closure of the varicose veins.
- M.B., B. S. (Bachelor of Surgery; University of London, England) Royal Free Hospital of Medicine - 1978
- LRCP (Licentiate of Royal College of Physicians)
- MRCS (Member of the Royal College of Surgeons)
- Aug 1978 - Jan 1979 Internship in General Surgery (Urology, Vascular, General Surgery) Royal Free Hospital Group
- Jan 1979- Aug 1979 Internship in General Medicine (Nephrology, Diabetes, General Medicine), Royal Free Hospital, University of London
- July 1980- July 1981 General Surgery (PG1) New Hanover Memorial Hospital, Wilmington, NC (Affiliated with University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC)
- July 1981- July 1983 General Surgery at University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
- July 1983- July 1985 General Surgery at St. Joseph's Hospital, Syracuse, NY
- Fellow of International College of Surgeons 1989
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons 1992
- Diplomate of American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Disease 2007
- Diplomate of American Board of Surgery 2007
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery – Member
- Southern Medical Association – Member
- North Carolina Medical Society – Member
A Trusted Vein Doctor
Researching the right provider to treat your vein related issues can be confusing. Dr. Kamran Goudarzi is highly trained in the art of providing effective, comprehensive treatments for vascular conditions, including varicose veins and spider veins. With exceptional results in mind, his approach to vein treatment relates to the entire vascular system.
If you need vein treatment, know you’re in the best hands when choosing Scarless Vein Care. Call to 910-726-2451 to request a FREE consultation today.
The Scarless Vein Care Difference
Leveraging state-of-the-art technology, Dr. Kamran has taken surgery from the operating room to the office setting. Scarless Vein Care is an independent private practice, located in Leland, NC. We are deeply committed to compassionate care and the results you desire. We treat every patient as an individual, not a number, as is often the case at many “vein centers” or “vein clinics”. From your first consultation to your follow-up care, you can expect exceptional service and professionalism. Our office is conveniently located in Waterford Medical Center, close to Wilmington, NC.
“I believe treatment of venous disease is best served through a more personalized setting where the surgeon has the opportunity to provide one-on-one treatment and follow-up. To achieve the best results, I believe the practice should always concentrate on the quality of patient interactions, as opposed to quantity.” - Kamran Goudarzi, MD, FICS, FACS, DABVLM